Talk to at least one neighbor before you make an offer. Ask what they like best and least about living there. In many cases, it's better to buy the smallest house on the most desirable block than the biggest house on the least desirable one. Buy location over house.
If you're unfamiliar with the area where you’re moving, I can be an invaluable resource. I can offer insider knowledge on neighborhoods, schools, access to recreation and shopping districts, and the many other details on local neighborhoods and subdivisions.
It’s important to have a clear picture on the features that matter most to you in a home or location. Creating a list of “must haves” and flexible "nice-to-haves" from the start will make things a lot easier for you.
Factors to consider:
1. Size of home – square footage, number of bathrooms, rooms, etc.
2. Home features – updated fixtures/appliances, property size, garage, storage, etc.
3. Location – proximity to schools, open space, entertainment, work, etc.
4. Neighborhood – older or newer homes? Families, retirees or singles?
5. Room to grow – planning to have more children?
6. Condition – move-in ready or a less expensive home in need of improvements?
I'm happy to offer advice on the countless items you should consider according to your lifestyle, budget and particulars.
Terrace Park is located in Brown's Bay on West Lake, Okoboji. It is one of the largest public beaches on West Lake and has entertained beach goers for many years. Next to Terrace Park is Boys Town